How To Play Roulette Online- Learn Here!
Certain casino games are avoided by the players as they require complicated gaming strategies. And if you’re one of those who enjoy more simple games, then you should learn how to play roulette and win.
Easy to learn and simple to play, this game is popular among players of all age groups and backgrounds. But wait, what if we say that you can enjoy this game in the comfort of your home? Sounds like a boon to us, what about you?
In this article, we will talk in detail about the online version of roulette. We will explain the process of playing roulette. And also, brief you about the basics and different variants of this game. So let’s not waste any time and dive right into this topic!
What is Online Roulette?
Roulette is played at both online and brick-and-mortar casinos. It was first played in Paris in the late 1700s. But soon, its popularity spread to the different parts of the world. By the end of the 20th century, it became available in almost all brick-and-mortar casinos.
The game has a simple format. It has a spinning wheel with numbered slots. The dealer drops the ball on the wheel, and you have to bet on the slot where you think the ball will land. If you get it correct, then you win the game. Easy, right?
Online Roulette, as the name suggests, is an online version of the traditional roulette. It follows the same set of rules as the conventional roulette. The only difference is that instead of a roulette table, you have a digital spinning wheel on your mobile/PC screen. The game is entirely based on chance, so even if you are a beginner, you can try your hand and earn some quick money.
How To Play Roulette - Quick And Easy Steps
Once you know the basic rules of a game, it becomes really simple. So, learning how to play roulette online at a casino isn’t that hard and would just require you to follow a simple step-wise procedure as under:
- Find a table: Each table has a minimum and maximum bet. The maximums are usually lower on inside bets because of the higher payouts.
- Watch what’s happening: To put it bluntly, there’s no strategy to guarantee a win. Each number has an equal chance of appearing on each spin.
- Hand your chips to the dealer: Each person is given a distinct colour of chips which are handed to the dealer and he starts the spin.
- Know the procedure: Once the ball settles, the dealer sets a marker on the winning number. First, the Losing bets are cleared off, and then the winners are paid. The process is then repeated.
Understand everything about the roulette wheel
Roulette is hands down one of the most popular casino games today. Players from around the world love playing the different versions of roulette that have evolved with time. However, very few of these players actually pay attention to the small details of the game, which makes it much more complex and interesting. One such detail is the roulette wheel.
The roulette wheel has always consisted of numbered pockets of alternating colours that the player uses to bet on during a game. However, the detailed layout of the wheel has gone through several changes with time and the different variants.
The American roulette
The earlier version of the wheel was comparable to the modern-day American roulette wheel and contained 36 numbered pockets with 2 pockets being for a zero and a double zero. Initially, the zeroes were red in colour while the rest were black. Later on, the colour green was adopted for the zeroes, and this remains unchanged till date.
The European roulette
Originated In 1943, a new version was adopted that consisted of some player-friendly changes that could still provide enough edge for the casino to profit from the game. The is known as the European roulette game and consists of a single zero instead of the 2 zeros.
The modern variations
With the rise in technology and the forever increasing craving in players for something new, many new and different styles of the roulette wheel have been adopted. With each new variation, be it online roulette or a live casino roulette , the player can expect a number of new and exciting odds from each version of the game.
The Basics Of Roulette Games
Though many players see it as a rather simple game, it has much more layers to it than what meets the eye. And the basic etiquette of playing any game is to have knowledge about it first. So, before learning how to play roulette online and win, you must first understand the basic terminology related to roulette.
- American Roulette: A roulette version that consists of 38 pockets on the wheel numbered 1-36 and 2 pockets consisting of zero and a double-zero.
- Bet on the Layout: A bet placed anywhere on the numerical fraction of the table.
- Biased Wheel: A wheel on which the chances of all numbers winning are not equal.
- Block Betting: Certain online roulette strategies consist of betting as a group on a set of numbers on one section of the wheel.
- Call Bets: these are the bets placed by speaking out loud rather than placing the chips on the table.
- Carr: French term for a Corner Bet.
- Cheval: French term for a Split Bet.
- Colonne: French term for a Column Bet.
- Column Bet: A wager on one of the 3 columns of numbers that are available. Has a Payout of 2 to 1.
- Croupier: The casino employee who supervises the game at the roulette table. Also called the dealer.
- Double Zero: Only found in American roulette. It is a space on the wheel marked ’00’.
- Dozen Bet: A wager placed on 1 of the 3 groups of 12 numbers available.
- En Plein: French term for a Straight Up Bet.
- En Prison: This rule applies to even-money bets only. On getting a zero outcome, some online casinos allow the player to either repeal half his/her bet or leave it (in prison) for a successive spin. And, if in the next spin the outcome again is a zero, then the entire bet amount is lost.
- European Roulette: another variant of roulette in which only a single zero is used, thus lowering the house edge.
- French Bets: These bets are popular in European casinos and include certain physical sections of the roulette wheel that can be bet upon at once.
- House Edge: The calculated advantage the casino holds over the players. It is the percentage of each bet the casino wants to keep in the long run.
- Inside Bets: These are the bets made on the inside section of the roulette layout, where the numbers are printed. They include only individual numbers and small groups of numbers and have relatively high odds.
- La Partage: It is another rule where a player on hitting a zero loses just half of his wager amount. However, it does not offer the option of another spin to win back the amount.
- Marker: It is the device that the dealer uses to mark the winning number after each spin. Until the marker has been removed the players should not bet for any upcoming spin.
- Mini Roulette: A variant of roulette accessible at some online casinos. Here, there is a smaller wheel that has only 13 numbers (0-12). Also, many Mini Roulette games refund half of all losses when a player gets a zero.
- Orphans: A word commonly used in European casinos. It is a bet on 3 specific numbers 6, 34 & 17 that are adjacent to each other on the wheel but far apart on the layout.
- Orphelins: Another term used in European casinos where a bet is placed on a specific group of numbers on a section of the roulette wheel, which are neighbours on the wheel but distant on the layout.
- Outside Bets: Bets placed on the outside fraction of the roulette layout. Generally have lower payouts. Examples are even money bets, such as red/black or odd/even etc.
- Pockets: The numbered regions on the roulette wheel in which the roulette ball might land.
- Six Line: This bet covers two adjacent rows of numbers on the roulette layout, enclosing a total of six numbers. It has a payout of 5-1 odds.
- Split: A bet that consists of two adjacent numbers on the layout table. The chips are placed on the crossing of two numbers. Payout is 17-1.
- Straight Up: A bet made on a single number. Has a payout of 35-1.
- Street: A bet placed on a row of three numbers on the roulette table, made by placing chips on the edge of that row. Has a payout of 11-1.
- Tiers Du Cylindre: A bet placed on a specific faction of numbers on a section of the wheel that are paired neighbours on the layout.
- Transversale: French term for a Street bet.
- Wheel Checks: Special unmarked chips used precisely on roulette tables.
- Zero: The space on a roulette wheel marked 0.
- Sixainne: French term for 6 line bet.
Play different types of online roulette games
Many Roulette casinos offer different variants of online roulette games. Some of these are listed below.
- European Roulette- With a single zero on the wheel, European Roulette has a pretty low house edge of just 2.6%.
- American Roulette- It has double zeros on the wheel that reduces the chances of your winning. Therefore, the house edge of this version rises to 5.26%.
- French Roulette- It’s similar to European Roulette but has two added ‘insurance’ bets- En Prison and La Partage.
- Multi-Wheel Roulette- Here, you get to bet on the outcomes of eight roulette wheels. So if you are tired of the usual roulette, why not try this?
- Multi-Ball Roulette- In this type of roulette, you get to play with almost three balls on the same table simultaneously.
- Live Dealer Roulette- As the name suggests, here you get to play live roulette with a real dealer.
- Spingo- It’s a mix of Roulette, Bingo, and Lotto. It allows you to wager on various colours while numbered balls do their job.
How To Play Live Roulette Games?
The rules are pretty much similar to any other standard game of roulette. The wheel includes 37 pockets in between 0-36, and players have a choice to make a combination of bets either on the inside or outside and more. However, the round of live roulette goes like this :
- Choose a reliable casino and select a suitable table.
- The main objective of roulette is to forecast the number on which the ball will land. So join the table and place your bets accordingly.
- After betting, the spinning ball is released within the roulette wheel by the dealer.
- The ball will eventually rest in one of the pockets within the wheel.
- You will win if your placed bet covers up a particular number. And will get paid according to the payout table.
Online Roulette Bet Types
In online roulette, you can place different roulette bets. And each type of bet covers up a specific range of numbers and payouts. Bets that placed on the number space or on the lines between them are named as Inside bets. Similarly bets that are placed on special boxes below and to the left of the board are named as Outside bets.
- Straight up – You can directly place your bet at a single number, including zero as well.
- Split Bet- You can place your bet in between two numbers or either on the horizontal or vertical.
- Street Bet- Here, you can place your bet at the end of any rows of numbers.
- Corner bet- Place your bet at any of the corners in such a way that four numbers meet.
- Line bet- Place your bet at the end of two rows where it intersects. In the line bet, all the numbers are covered up and count a total of six numbers.
- Column Bet- Place your bet at one of the boxes marked as ” 2 to 1″ at the end of the column. Zero is included at any of the column bets.
- Dozen Bet- Place your bet at any of the three boxes marked as “1st to 12″, ” 2nd to 12″, “3rd to 12”. In this case, as well zero is not included.
- Even / Odd bet- Place your chip at any of the boxes that cover up the 18 even or odd numbers. Zero is not included.
It’s a special betting combination mostly seen in French roulette. Since it is featured on French roulette, they all have a unique French name as well.
Let’s begin with Voisins du Zéro bet known as Neighbors of zero. The bet covers up the zero and 7 numbers on each side of zero ( 22 to 25) on the wheel.
Another one is the Jeu Zéro bet, known as the Zero game. The bet consists of up 3 neighbours of the zero slot on each side of the wheel.
Right strategy can surely affect your gameplay, but it can’t change the online roulette rules. If you use the right strategy, then you can change the odds and winning probability. But it also depends on how lucky you are.
Yes, games like live dealer roulette are normally played in real-time. Players can stream live video along with live bets, and outcomes are similar to what a real casino gives.
If your chosen bet is successful, then you can win live roulette. However, for better tips on how to win live roulette, make sure to brush up on the popular roulette strategies.
Roulette is a simple game, but the thrill of watching the wheel spin is of next level. The uncertainty of whether you are going to win or not makes the whole experience more exciting. Plus, all you need is a basic understanding of the game, and you’re good to go. That’s why here we have talked about how to play roulette. Not just that, but we have also explained the different bet types and the popular variants of this game. So what are you waiting for? Start your online journey of roulette today!